Griswold Conservation Area in Blue Mound, IL
- Short 1/2 mile trail connects site with the city of Blue Mound, Illinois
- Glacial kame provides spectacular views
- Pavilion, picnic areas, playground
- Map of Griswold Conservation Area
- Map of Conservation Areas
Griswold Conservation Area is located 1.5 miles northwest of Blue Mound, Illinois in southwest Macon County [get directions]. Griswold Conservation Area’s GPS Coordinates are 39.703954 N, 89.139914 W.
The site features one of the glacial kame “mounds” of the Blue Mound area. Through the efforts of Blue Mound area citizens and civic groups, and the Macon County Conservation District, this forty-acre site has become an attractive recreational and educational facility and provides much-needed wildlife habitat.