In 1907, Charles M. Parker bought the 80-acre “Rock Spring Farm”, which contained the spring. Parker began to make plans to start a business called the Rock Spring Water Company at the site of the spring to bottle and sell the water. He had a concrete bottling plant built next to the springhouse. The plant contained a power-driven pump, compression tank, soaker tank, and a steam boiler connected to sterilizing and rinsing equipment. Read more about the Rock Spring Water Company.