Cooking not only uses energy, but it also creates waste. Both of these things are bad for the environment. Let’s make it a goal this month to cook as green as we possibly can. Below are some ideas for being green and eating green when you are in the kitchen.
- Use a pressure cooker instead of the stove or the oven.
- Eat organic foods without a ton of preservatives.
- Let food thaw in the refrigerator instead of using the microwave.
- Instead of cooking in small portions, cook in bulk.
- Compost some of your waste.
- Get rid of paper towels and use washable rags instead.