Festival of Spring 2017
Rock Springs Nature Center
Sat, Apr 22, 2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Celebrate Earth Day and welcome spring with an afternoon of outdoor family activities at Rock Springs Conservation Area.
Enjoy wagon rides, canoeing, crafts, and learn what other organizations are doing in our community to benefit the planet.
Co-sponsored by Decatur Audubon Society.
Canoeing $2/person. Pony rides $3/child. All other activities are free. No registration required.
- Join a knowledgeable Audubon guide for an 8am walk in search of unique birds migrating through Macon County this spring.
- Make a difference by clearing trash during the Sangamon River Cleanup from 10am-12pm.
- Meet live birds from the Illinois Raptor Center.
- Visit baby farm animals and tour historic Homestead Prairie Farm.
- Exchange plants for your yard and find answers to your gardening questions from local experts such as the Master Gardeners.
- Meet local organizations such as the Decatur Audubon Society, Master Gardeners, Master Naturalists, and the Community Environmental Council to see what projects they’re working on and find out how you can make a difference in your community.
- Earn free prizes through Tickets to Treasures: Children under the age of 12 can earn a free prize for visiting designated activity stops.
The Festival of Spring is an annual event at Rock Springs Conservation Area. Co-sponsored by Decatur Audubon Society and Macon County Conservation District. This festival takes place in April every year, rain or shine!
“Earth Day gives people a chance to appreciate the world around them,” says Jeff Tish. “Take time out of your busy schedule to experience nature with fun hands-on activities for all ages and interests.”
Volunteer at Festival of Spring
Want to make a difference in celebration of Earth Day? Join volunteers like you for the Sangamon River Cleanup the same morning and enjoy the Festival afterwards. Dress to get dirty! Bring your own gloves if you can, as supply is limited. Garbage bags, granola bars, and water provided. Come by yourself or bring your whole family. Organized groups should call (217) 423-7708 in advance. Co-sponsored by Community Environmental Council. Registration open 9:30-10am. Cleanup runs 10am-12pm.
Volunteers can also help with activities during the Festival of Spring. For more information on volunteering on April 22, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page.